Healthy Community Partnership Grant 2024
Victoria Hospital Foundation and its partner, Victoria Lifeline, are committed to supporting viable projects, programs, and initiatives that enrich and the health and well-being of Manitobans. Recognizing the correlation between healthy living and aging safely in place, the Healthy Community Partnership Grant was established to support the creation or enhancement of opportunities for health promotion among older adults.
Grant funds are awarded to organizations serving primarily older adults to purchase equipment and to support activities or programs that promote health and independence.
Grant intake details for the 2024 intake are noted below:
Applications accepted beginning February 9, 2024
Deadline to submit an application May 31, 2024
Applicants informed of decision by July 15, 2024
A total of $10,000 is available and funds will be dispersed and awarded based on the evaluation criteria established for this grant.
The World Health Organization defines health promotion as, "the process of enabling people to increase control over their own health. It covers a wide range of social and environmental interventions that are designed to benefit and protect people's health." Victoria Hospital Foundation and Victoria Lifeline strive to create an inclusive grant program and encourages applications from a diverse group of organizations.
Grants are made available to programs serving primarily older adults to purchase equipment and to support activities or programs that promote health and independence.
Who can apply:
Eligible applicants are non-profit community organizations in Manitoba that include older adults in their activities or programming.
Please note that applicants need not be affiliated with Victoria Lifeline service in their community, however, priority will be given to communities that offer Victoria Lifeline service.
What can be funded:
Funds can be used for programs and/or activities or to purchase equipment related to health promotion. Preference will be given to supporting the creation of a new activity and/or service, or expanding a current one, rather than proving ongoing funding for an already existing program and/or service.
Please note that grant funding cannot be used for the following:
- capital investment for facility construction
- taxes, insurance, utilities, or office rental
- deficit reduction
- fundraising or cash prizes
- Applicants are required to submit a budget, which lists all sources of prospective and confirmed funding, along with the amount requested from Victoria Lifeline.
- Please provide a quote for expenses over $100.
- Projects must be completed by the end of the fiscal year in which the award is granted.
- Funds are to be used for the stated purpose in the application. Any changes to the project once funding is awarded must be approved by Victoria Lifeline.
How are applications evaluated?
Applications will be reviewed by a sub-committee based on the following factors:
- Does the project align with Victoria Lifeline's Mission and Guiding Principles?
- Will the project positively impact the health (mental, social, physical) of participants?
- The number of older adults participants involved
- The length of time and/or exposure of the proposed project
- Lifeline's current level of presence in the community
- Sustainability of the program/activity/equipment
If you have questions about this grant or the application process, please contact Laney McGregor at [email protected] or (204) 477-3415
Healthy Community Partnership Grant applications will be accepted beginning February 29, 2024. The deadline to submit your application is May 31, 2024.