Donor Bill of RightsThe Donor Bill of Rights was created by the American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE). The Victoria General Hospital Foundation endorses and abides by the principles outlined in the Bill of Rights.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organizations mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their internal purposes
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organizations governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purpose for which they were given
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organizations or hired solicitors
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donations and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers
The Victoria General Hospital Foundation values the trust of those we deal with and recognizes that maintaining this trust requires that we be accountable in how we treat your information. During the course of business, the Victoria General Hospital Foundation may gather and use personal information and anyone from whom we collect such information should expect that it will be carefully protected. Our staff strictly adheres to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethics.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify, or contact a specific individual. This includes an individual's name, address, birth date, email address and phone number, and any other information that may identify you or would allow someone to contact you.
Use of Personal Information
Personal information is collected to allow customized service to the Victoria General Hospital Foundation. Supporters may receive newsletters, annual reports and information packages or solicitations.
- We keep your personal information in strict confidence. We only use your personal information for purposes in which it was collected. We do not disclose your name, address, phone number of email address to other organizations for list exchange purposes or to businesses.
- We do no rent, sell or share personal information with any party. However, as regular course of business it may be provided to those third parties that provide us contracted services (mail houses) for a task. These third parties must sign a privacy contract with us and/or acknowledge that they are in compliance with the principles of the privacy act.
For additional information regarding the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada), please visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada's Internet Web Site at www.privcom.gc.ca.
We use 'cookies' on this site. Victoria General Hospital Foundation’s website collects and analyzes information from a computer's IP address, mobile device or tablet. When you visit our site, data is collected on activity time, pages visited, page views, clicks, sessions, browser used, operating system, and the domain name from which the website was accessed. The collection of this information is in accordance PIPEDA. The information is used for reporting and NO personal information that can identify you is collected. Victoria General Hospital Foundation may use these analytical insights to improve the functionality of the website, improve the user's experience and generate reports for marketing purposes.
For additional information regarding the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada), please visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada's Website.
To verify that your information is correct, or if you have questions, concerns, or complaints relating to the Victoria General Hospital Foundation’s privacy practices, or wish to be removed from our mailing list, please contact the Victoria General Hospital Foundation by email at email@example.com or in writing:
Victoria General Hospital Foundation
2340 Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2E8
Terms and Conditions
Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first visit to our site. The Victoria General Hospital Foundation reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as modified. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to the Victoria General Hospital Foundation are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. The Victoria General Hospital Foundation reserves all copyrights on material on its web pages, including photographs and graphic designs. In no event will the Victoria General Hospital Foundation or the officers, directors, employees or agents of the Victoria General Hospital Foundation (the officers, directors, employees or agents of the Victoria General Hospital Foundation are referred to in these Terms and Conditions collectively as the “Foundation’s Representatives”) be liable for, and neither the Victoria General Hospital Foundation nor any of the Foundation’s Representatives assumes any liability for, any damages, however caused, including, without limitation, special, indirect, incidental, punitive, exemplary, aggravated, economic or consequential damages, or any other damages whatsoever, arising from the use of the site, or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract, negligence or otherwise, even if the Victoria General Hospital Foundation or the Foundation’s Representatives, as the case may be, have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses. The Victoria General Hospital Foundation does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials of this site will be uninterrupted or error free or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials. You agree at all times to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Victoria General Hospital Foundation and the Foundation’s Representatives, against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, damages, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever (including, without limitation, legal and other fees and disbursements) sustained, incurred or paid by the Victoria General Hospital Foundation or the Foundation’s Representatives, as the case may be, directly or indirectly in respect of: (i) any information you provide on or through this site; or (ii) your use or misuse of this site. These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the Province of Manitoba and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and for the purposes of legal proceedings these Terms and Conditions and the agreement embodied within these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to have been made in Manitoba and to be performed there, and the courts of Manitoba shall have jurisdiction over all disputes which may arise under these Terms and Conditions.
Online Donation Fulfillment
Your donation will be processed instantly once you have completed our online donation form through a secured payment system. Our donation form is on web pages that are secured using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. The SSL encrypts your personal and payment information.
Charitable Registration Number: 11928 4099 RR0001